Thursday, January 13, 2011

Northeaster

Yep that's what we got up to this morning. We could hear the wind hitting the windows and howling throughout our little home. It is snowing and the northeast wind is making it hard to keep it warm inside. Always when we have a northeast wind, the house is very hard to heat.
But the weeones still had school and HB left for work. (So it's business as usual here this morning) I find they don't cancel school like they use to. They did not even get a storm day last year.
I made scrambled eggs,bacon and toast for breakfast and they dressed super warm. I am making a Penne Pasta recipe for supper and will have Garlic bread with it. (Nice comfort food when it is cold out there)
I came across this recipe and have been wanting to give it a try.
http://www.food.com/recipe/baked-penne-with-ground-beef-and-tomato-sauce-198891
sounds yummy!
Our Pie went over well last night.
There was not a slice left......
Tonight the girls start back (weather permiting) with there Girl Guide groups. It seems like forever since we were last out on a Thursday night.
They have been busy here at home playing with that marble run I had got them.(who would have thought a $2 toy would bring so much joy) but leave it to my kids.




Today I am going to work upstairs tiding up and vacuuming under the beds. I find if you keep up with it, then it is not so bad. I also want to clean up my tiny jam packed closet. I can never seem to find anything in there. I know I have a book in there that I got years ago with a Time magazine about country homes and I want to read it. I also have 2 scarves that I bought last year for .10 cents at the thrift stove that are in there somewhere.
Well If you don't hear back from me in the next little while. It means I too got lost in there. (Please then send Martha Stewart to come and help me get straightened out......
Take care and enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. We have winds like that as well that make it hard to heat the house. I hope that you all stay warm today.

    Have a great day, and don't get lost in the closet!

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete