Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Perfect Pony

Last evening we had a very sad evening. We lost our pony of many years. (she was the beginning of our farm) Nannabelle lived a very good life. She was the world of my both my girls. She was how all three of my children learned how to ride on. Rest in Peace Nannabelle. You will always be with us in our hearts and minds.

Today it has been snowing all day. It started last evening and it is still snowing. (we are at about 8 inches) BUT.....we still had school. Justin is still home from school with a bad cold.
I spent the day cleaning up doing my usual routine. (laundry,dishes,floors)
I also got my supper prepared for tonight. Chicken and rice and noodles. Now that everything is done I am going to try to knit a bit for awhile. I am knitting myself a new pair of slippers as mine are getting pretty ratty. I am also wanting to start a new secret project for the girls. I am wanting to make them with the help from HB a new doll house for each of them. I have been ordering some mini stuff off of Ebay. (re-ment)  I decided it was time for a new doll house when they had to put there big one out in the summer room at the back of the house because it was to big for there rooms, and when I went into Jill's room yesterday and seen she had her dolly put to bed in her dirty sock. (yep it is time.)

Talking about Ebay the girls won there bid last night on a huge my little pony lot. ( $28) and it is only 1 hour away so we plan on going there this weekend to pick it up. If the roads are bad the lady told me that she could also put it on the bus for us so that it would be a lot cheeper.

The weather has warmed up a lot with it only being -2 today. (what a differance) I decided to let the fire go out and we can clean the ashes before supper when HB gets home. It is hard to believe how quick the house cools off hen the fire is out even when it is warmer then it has been out there.
Yesterday morning was the coldest yet this year. However you would have never known being in here as it was so nice and toasty. When the girls got up for school yesterday morning I had to take a couple of pictures of them.
She looks so comfy.

This is what Jill does every morning when she comes down stairs. She lays on the floor in front of the wood stove.
These are those moments I want to remember to keep close to me.
Take care and stay warm. Thank you for all your kind words and thoughts yesterday.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry for the loss of your pony. That isn't easy to lose a pet. I hope that Justin gets to feeling better. That isn't fun when there are sick ones in the house.

    We are having sunshine today, but it is cold and windy. How fun to be working on a project for your daughters.

    Have a great evening with your family. I am making chicken noodle soup for our supper.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl for your kind words. Yum! Chicken noodle soup sounds good. I have not made one in a long time, I think it would be a great idea for over the weekend as we are expecting more cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about your pony :( How are the kids taking the news? So sad when you lose a favorite animal.I love the picture of the kids in the morning! The girls are gonna love the dollhouses! We have a big one too that mine share. By the way, I'd love to hear all your camping recipes. I hope you have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cary Ann. The children are doing much better now, a lot of tears were shed and questions were answered. I'll get out my camping recipe book and get our favorites off to you. Take care

    ReplyDelete