Friday, August 5, 2011

Old Is New Again

The sun is finally trying to shine out there this morning. After a week of rain, it is time it did. My flowers are looking so icky.(Is the only word I could find)
The weekend is suppose to be a beautiful warm one so I am hoping to bring the yard back to its beauty.
HB is working the weekend but will get time in the evenings without rain to get some more done to the addition on the house. It is coming and we are beginning to see a change with the walls finally up and the rafters are 1/4 up. (I will take some pictures this weekend as it has been raining so hard)
Hay making is a t a stand still at the moment with the fields being so wet.
The garden's are doing well despite all the rain.
Justin has been working for the neighbour down the road almost every day helping him clean out his sheds, basement,and doing yard work. He loves it as he is saving his money up for a special something.
The girls cleaned there rooms this week, baked, did some crafting and then were bored. With me having to run back and forth across the field to my Mother's every couple of hours, they were getting under my skin (In better words) MOM WERE BORED!!!! was ringing in my ears.
Well while at my Mother's I had a idea. When I was younger I had a collection of Strawberry Shortcake figurines and a few care bears as well. I went up to my old room and there in a basket in the closet was my collection. My girls were in love. They could not get over that Mom had these.
They brought them home and set them all up on the living room floor, got all there Strawberry Shortcake's and there houses and began play. AHHHHH!!!!!! no more I"M BORED..........
I don't know if they were more excited about the dolls, or that they use to be Mom's?
but however they loved them and are still playing with them everyday....
I even remembered all there names.



SO THANK YOU STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE AND FRIENDS FOR BRINGING YEARS OF FUN TO NOT ONLY ME, BUT MY GIRLS AS WELL.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love them! I can't believe your mother still had your toys. I remember playing with those muppet babies toys also! I wish I could play too :)

    ReplyDelete