Monday, July 16, 2012

In The Cookie Jar

Thank you  all for the lovely comments on my families oatmeal cookie recipe. I could not believe how many people enjoyed it, so I have decided to use my Monday posts for the next little while and decidate them to a cookie of the week that is either in the cookie jar or one of our families favorites. Every Monday I will post a recipe for them.

This weeks "In the cookie jar" is our families chocolate chip cookies. I love this recipe because it is so simple and takes no time at all. They are a soft cookie and a dear farming friend shared it with me years ago. It has been my families favorite ever since.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
mix together till fluffy.
mix flour mixture then add to first ings.

1cup flour
1/2tsp. baking soda
1/2tsp. salt
1/2 bag of chocolate chips

drop by teaspoons
Cook at 375 degrees for 8 mins.
cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack.




3 comments:

  1. Chocolate chip are my favorite cookies. Have a wonderful evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your oatmeal cookies are very good! I will have to try your chocolate chip cookies!

    Hope you are having a great week.

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea!! I love it. I will give this recipe a try soon(maybe this week). Chocolate chip is my girls favorite. Thanks and God bless.

    ReplyDelete