Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday

I can't believe we're mid week already.

Monday I kept the house quite as the girls slept in, and made them some chicken soup to sip away on throughout the day. It was a Jammie day for them and by mid afternoon they were feeling better.
It rained all day, and it has been raining ever since.
We had meatballs,chicken fried rice,and beef fried macaroni for supper.I managed to get apple butter made and apple sauce.

Tuesday was my busy day with Mom, as it was nurse day visit. I spent most of the day with her and did not get back home till 3 and began cutting up the cucs, onions, peppers and celery for another batch of celery relish. I got 14 bottles this batch and now have enough for Winter. I made a frittata with ham and cheese and fresh herbs, I fried up the left over potatoes we had from Sunday nights supper, warm up the left over rice,meatballs, and beef fried Mac, and had a little stuffing left from the chicken as well. It made a great supper. I was pretty tired after all that cutting up and went to bed early.

Today I woke up with a headache and it bothered me most of the day. I got a few things done around the house and Jayne had called and told me that she forgot her lunch bag on the bus, so I had to make her a new lunch and drive it to the school. By the time I got back and went to my Moms it was after 10. Mom was not feeling to good today. She has became so weak over the last week or so, I find it a lot of effort to get her from the bed to the wheel chair now. My head hurt so much, I left there and came home and finished up my house work. I decided to lay down till the kiddies got home. We had a easy hotdog and french fry supper.
I went outside after supper between aim showers to help Hubby with the barn work. Te girls cleaned up from supper and I laid  back down again to watch Pioneer Woman. I feel a bit better now.

I filled the slow cooker with apples and will make another batch of apple sauce in the morning. It is such a wonderful smell to awake to in the morning. I also started some vinegar with the cores and peelings.

I will post pictures of our new meat room as soon as it is done. We had decided to use our first ever barn to make it in.it is a bit bigger to move around in then our last one. It is 2 sections. The back part is the cooler room. Where we will hang our meat. Then the front is where we cut it up. We will store our meat saw, slicer, sausage maker, and the hamburger maker in there. We will wrap our meat in there as well.
We have 2 pigs, and 2 beef waiting to be butchered now. One beef is our winter beef, and the other s our hamburger for the winter.( a older cow)

Justin went for a drive on the 4 wheeler today after school to the back fields of our neighbour to check on and see if he could see Phoebe. He seen her with a few cattle up in the higher pasture among the trees. He said she looked fine.

Tomorrow I would like to get some apple pie filling made and canned. We still have 4 bushels of apples in the back room to use up. Hubby is suppose to take Friday off to get some work done here at home. If the rain ever stops. We are wanting to make cider over the weekend as well.

Such a busy time of year, BUT..... I would not trade it for anything.....It is so worth it......

Take care and goodnight.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jessica! I hope your headache has gone away by now. I will be keeping you and your mom in my prayers. It must be really hard on you too. Your meals sound delicious and all your apple goodies too!

    I hope the rest of your week is wonderful.

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, you are making vinegar! How? I have never thought of making my own vinegar. Would you please share how you do this? If you don't want to make a post of it you could email me the recipe and instructions. My email address is d-forgiven58@hotmail.com Your meat room sounds nice. I think it would make it much easier to butcher if we had an area designated for that. I hope you headache is better. We made pie filling yesterday. I tried a new recipe that I know I am going to like better than what I have done in the past. If I get time today, I will post it. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete