Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Baby It's Cold Outside

The weather has sure taken a bitten cold turn. We have even had a couple of days where we have seen snow flurries in the air.
Fires are now needed to stay on all day, and warmer coats are needed to go outdoors. The girls are wearing there mittens to the bus in the morning as well.

My Mom has been very weak lately and she has good days and bad ones. She spends a lot more time in bed now and I try to keep her as comfortable as I can.
My Dad landed up back in the hospital on Wednesday and they kept him as his gull bladder needed to come out. So I spent 6 days at my moms till yesterday when he finally got out after they missed a stone and then he took a reaction to the meds. Let me tell you it sure felt good to sleep in my own bed last night. I am really feeling it trying to run 2 households. My family was feeling it as well. But I thank God everyday for the understanding family I have.

Friday night was Jaynes Halloween school dance. She had a wonderful time.

Saturday night Jill had a Halloween party at her friends house ( they happen to be twins) she too a wonderful time.

HB has been working steading as he had lost a day with a terrible head cold. He has a jeep in the garage he is working on for a guy in the evenings and when ever he gets a moment, besides working at the mine.

He was also able to get our beef done and put into the cooler on Thursday.

Sunday he brought Phoebe home from the farm over the road, we are sure hoping she is now bred.

Tonight we butchered one quarter of our beef. It was so cold out in the meat room. There was frost on the ground already when we came in the house for the night.
Tomorrow night we will get the rest done and the ground beef grounded as well. We started to late tonight.

It is suppose to go down to -10 tonight, it is already -5 out there. Burrrr. So with the fires crackling away, and the heavy quilts on the beds we are toasty and it is time for me to go to bed. My back is sore tonight and I am feeling it now. Goodnight dear friends.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about all that is going on with your mom and dad. Know that you are all in my prayers. I hope you get the beef finished. We have not been too cold here yet. A few nights down in the low 20's and upper teens but not too bad. We did have a few flurries last week. Stay warm and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I wanted to let you know the pictures were taken on a job site we worked on down at the river. It sure was a beautiful place. I have a few more pictures to share of our little walk that day. Thanks for letting me know about the trays. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had some cold days and seen flurries too, but it has warmed back up a bit for now.

    It sound nice to have so much beef put up and hopefully milk coming soon.

    Keep warm and take care!
    :-) Vicki


    I hope your mom and dad are both doing better, and you have been able to catch up on your rest. I will be praying for your family. It must be hard for all of you.


    Sounds like your girls had a fun Halloween. It is good that your husband is getting steady work and has side job too.

    ReplyDelete