Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday Again

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I was sure happy to see it come. Last week was a long week with Jillian and Jerry both sick, and then me putting my back out, and Mom not feeling the best.
Jillian recovered well, and Jerry is doing better. ( can't sit still for very long) tipical man.....
Mom had the nurse in on Saturday and she wanted to try a new kind of dressing for her backside.

Saturday I was feeling better so the girls and I worked on cleaning out the spare area upstairs. We are getting ready to expend Jill's room. A very very long overdue project she has been waiting for.

Jill also cleaned out her drawers and we went through all of our cloths and made up bags for the Salvation Army.

Saturday night Hubby made fries and chicken tenders for supper. Justin took out some speghetti sauce out of the freezer for Lasagna and Jerry took a turkey out as well.

I went to bed early as my back was acting up again for doing to much Saturday.
Sunday morning Jayne was up early as she was volenteering at the local arena for skate for the heart. ( it is heart and stroke month here)
Jerry drove her for 9 and she was working till 5.Jill and Frannie went with him to take her.

I felt better so Sunday morning I got to work in the kitchen. I cleaned up and got busy making the potato dressing for the turkey and then when Jill came back she helped me and made up the lasagna for Monday nights supper. We let it cool before putting it into the fridge.
We got the turkey stuffed and into the oven, cut up the veggies and put on the stove for later, and made up cranberries.

We picked Jayne up and had a lovely supper. I began sneezing after supper and my nose ran, and yep you guessed it. I was up all night with a terrible cold......
Soup, honey,Kleenex, and homemade vapor rub for me.....
:(
Not a great way to start the week.
Take care and I hope you all are well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jessica, I am glad your back is feeling better but sorry you got a cold! You are very blessed to have everyone help you out like they do. I hope you are having a wonderful week.

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete